AWARE (Australian Wildlife Assistance Rescue and Education inc.) is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group which operates in Frankston (Victoria, Australia) and surrounding suburbs.
We are devoted to assisting sick, injured or orphaned wildlife that may otherwise be left to suffer or die by providing a 24 hour emergency rescue hotline service manned by volunteers knowledgeable in wildlife rescue and rehabilitation techniques.
AWARE was officially incorporated on 31 March 2005 and is listed as a Deductible Gift Recipient organisation (meaning monetary donations are tax deductible).
We have been actively addressing wildlife concerns with government bodies and other wildlife groups and working to increase the number of rescuers and carers in the state. Additionally, we are working towards expanding the knowledge and expertise of our carers/rescuers, members and the general public through the introduction of regular workshops and events, presented by specialists in the field of wildlife care, and through phone advice given by our dedicated team of hotline operators.
Our Committee 2013/2014
|Vice President||Cinzia Giannelli|
|Julie Anne Honeybone|
AWARE Online Shop
- Scratching lyrebirds create forest firebreaks 23/11/2014
- First look at nuclear fuel in a meltdown 20/11/2014
- Tags on fish may act as a 'dinner bell' for predators 19/11/2014
- Captive-bred animals turn their noses up at wild mates 19/11/2014
- Good planning maintains biodiversity on farms 18/11/2014
- 'Good guy' virus kills bacteria 18/11/2014