AWARE (Australian Wildlife Assistance Rescue and Education inc.) is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group which operates in Frankston (Victoria, Australia) and surrounding suburbs.
We are devoted to assisting sick, injured or orphaned wildlife that may otherwise be left to suffer or die by providing a 24 hour emergency rescue hotline service manned by volunteers knowledgeable in wildlife rescue and rehabilitation techniques.
AWARE was officially incorporated on 31 March 2005 and is listed as a Deductible Gift Recipient organisation (meaning monetary donations are tax deductible).
We have been actively addressing wildlife concerns with government bodies and other wildlife groups and working to increase the number of rescuers and carers in the state. Additionally, we are working towards expanding the knowledge and expertise of our carers/rescuers, members and the general public through the introduction of regular workshops and events, presented by specialists in the field of wildlife care, and through phone advice given by our dedicated team of hotline operators.
Our Committee 2014/2015
|Vice President||Cinzia Giannelli|
|Julie Anne Honeybone|
- Red sprites at night, astronaut's delight 28/08/2015
- Less is more for tropical songbirds 27/08/2015
- The sound of a starfish 'seeing' 27/08/2015
- New millipede species is an avatar 27/08/2015
- Quakes away from plate boundaries may be triggered by mantle flow 26/08/2015
- Bacteria in house dust reflect who lives there 26/08/2015