AWARE (Australian Wildlife Assistance Rescue and Education inc.) is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group which operates in Frankston (Victoria, Australia) and surrounding suburbs.
We are devoted to assisting sick, injured or orphaned wildlife that may otherwise be left to suffer or die by providing a 24 hour emergency rescue hotline service manned by volunteers knowledgeable in wildlife rescue and rehabilitation techniques.
AWARE was officially incorporated on 31 March 2005 and is listed as a Deductible Gift Recipient organisation (meaning monetary donations are tax deductible).
We have been actively addressing wildlife concerns with government bodies and other wildlife groups and working to increase the number of rescuers and carers in the state. Additionally, we are working towards expanding the knowledge and expertise of our carers/rescuers, members and the general public through the introduction of regular workshops and events, presented by specialists in the field of wildlife care, and through phone advice given by our dedicated team of hotline operators.
Our Committee 2015/2016
|Vice President||Cinzia Giannelli|
AWARE Online Shop
- Weeds lead the way for improved farm practices 25/08/2016
- Colin Ross speaks about the anti-fracking letter. 22/08/2016
- Anti-fracking letter reveals divide within Northern Territory cattle industry 22/08/2016
- Reindeer anthrax check 11/08/2016
- Russian children anthrax check 11/08/2016
- Russian Emergency Ministry: anthrax clearing 11/08/2016
- Reindeer anthrax check up 11/08/2016
- Scientists warn of Russian anthrax threat 11/08/2016