AWARE (Australian Wildlife Assistance Rescue and Education inc.) is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group which operates in Frankston (Victoria, Australia) and surrounding suburbs.
We are devoted to assisting sick, injured or orphaned wildlife that may otherwise be left to suffer or die by providing a 24 hour emergency rescue hotline service manned by volunteers knowledgeable in wildlife rescue and rehabilitation techniques.
AWARE was officially incorporated on 31 March 2005 and is listed as a Deductible Gift Recipient organisation (meaning monetary donations are tax deductible).
We have been actively addressing wildlife concerns with government bodies and other wildlife groups and working to increase the number of rescuers and carers in the state. Additionally, we are working towards expanding the knowledge and expertise of our carers/rescuers, members and the general public through the introduction of regular workshops and events, presented by specialists in the field of wildlife care, and through phone advice given by our dedicated team of hotline operators.
Our Committee 2016/2017
|Vice President||Gillian Donath|
AWARE Online Shop
- Pipes to be flushed with ice at Perth Children's Hospital 05/12/2016
- Shark nursery habitats in WA are not protected: study 01/12/2016
- Lead contamination issues unresolved at Perth Children's Hospital 01/12/2016
- Smoke haze from bushfires blankets Perth 27/11/2016
- Pauline Hanson visits healthy reef to dispute effects of climate change 25/11/2016
- Decades-old remediation strategies bring down lead in Broken Hill soil: research 24/11/2016
- E.coli danger eases for SA cockle fishing 23/11/2016
- Why the Murray-Darling Basin Plan matters to SA 22/11/2016