AWARE (Australian Wildlife Assistance Rescue and Education inc.) is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group which operates in Frankston (Victoria, Australia) and surrounding suburbs.
We are devoted to assisting sick, injured or orphaned wildlife that may otherwise be left to suffer or die by providing a 24 hour emergency rescue hotline service manned by volunteers knowledgeable in wildlife rescue and rehabilitation techniques.
AWARE was officially incorporated on 31 March 2005 and is listed as a Deductible Gift Recipient organisation (meaning monetary donations are tax deductible).
We have been actively addressing wildlife concerns with government bodies and other wildlife groups and working to increase the number of rescuers and carers in the state. Additionally, we are working towards expanding the knowledge and expertise of our carers/rescuers, members and the general public through the introduction of regular workshops and events, presented by specialists in the field of wildlife care, and through phone advice given by our dedicated team of hotline operators.
Our Committee 2015/2016
|Vice President||Cinzia Giannelli|
AWARE Online Shop
- 1,400 tonnes of hazardous ash illegally stored in Brisbane and Gympie 25/07/2016
- CFA dispute 'eroding confidence' in Victorian fire services, inquiry told 19/07/2016
- Mould at Dunalley Primary School delays start to term 18/07/2016
- 'It's happening now': Indigenous rangers on the frontline of coral bleaching 10/07/2016
- Mould forces Tasmanian students into community buildings 08/07/2016
- Toxic firefighting foam stocks to be dumped as Queensland ban enacted 08/07/2016
- Springvale Station mining requests 'will not impact reef protection efforts' 06/07/2016
- The lack of research into marine virology is limiting our ability to help the Great Barrier Reef, says Dr Karen Weynberg. 06/07/2016