AWARE (Australian Wildlife Assistance Rescue and Education inc.) is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group which operates in Frankston (Victoria, Australia) and surrounding suburbs.
We are devoted to assisting sick, injured or orphaned wildlife that may otherwise be left to suffer or die by providing a 24 hour emergency rescue hotline service manned by volunteers knowledgeable in wildlife rescue and rehabilitation techniques.
AWARE was officially incorporated on 31 March 2005 and is listed as a Deductible Gift Recipient organisation (meaning monetary donations are tax deductible).
We have been actively addressing wildlife concerns with government bodies and other wildlife groups and working to increase the number of rescuers and carers in the state. Additionally, we are working towards expanding the knowledge and expertise of our carers/rescuers, members and the general public through the introduction of regular workshops and events, presented by specialists in the field of wildlife care, and through phone advice given by our dedicated team of hotline operators.
Our Committee 2015/2016
|Vice President||Cinzia Giannelli|
AWARE Online Shop
- White pointer shark at Beware Reef 27/06/2016
- Residents trash Ballarat Council over tip tiff 23/06/2016
- Liverpool council accused of dumping asbestos near homes 22/06/2016
- Italian composer performs on floating platform in the Arctic 21/06/2016
- Coalition announces $55m package to deal with Defence contamination 13/06/2016
- Super bacteria found in Rio's Olympic venues, top tourist beaches 11/06/2016
- Asbestos illegally imported from China prompts questions, anger 09/06/2016
- Planning Minister defends Elizabeth Quay water park opening 06/06/2016