AWARE (Australian Wildlife Assistance Rescue and Education inc.) is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group which operates in Frankston (Victoria, Australia) and surrounding suburbs.
We are devoted to assisting sick, injured or orphaned wildlife that may otherwise be left to suffer or die by providing a 24 hour emergency rescue hotline service manned by volunteers knowledgeable in wildlife rescue and rehabilitation techniques.
AWARE was officially incorporated on 31 March 2005 and is listed as a Deductible Gift Recipient organisation (meaning monetary donations are tax deductible).
We have been actively addressing wildlife concerns with government bodies and other wildlife groups and working to increase the number of rescuers and carers in the state. Additionally, we are working towards expanding the knowledge and expertise of our carers/rescuers, members and the general public through the introduction of regular workshops and events, presented by specialists in the field of wildlife care, and through phone advice given by our dedicated team of hotline operators.
Our Committee 2016/2017
|Vice President||Gillian Donath|
AWARE Online Shop
- Animals suffering slow and painful deaths caused by helium balloons 23/02/2017
- What lies beneath: Perth's rivers turn brown after heavy rains 21/02/2017
- Wombat with mange 15/02/2017
- Wombat cured of mange 15/02/2017
- Townsville records first dengue case 14/02/2017
- 'Alarming' error in Roe 8 traffic modelling 'invalidates current design' 02/02/2017
- Using bubble wrap on your windows to keep your house cool 30/01/2017
- Torresian crows form new nesting habits in major evolutionary change: scientists 18/01/2017