AWARE (Australian Wildlife Assistance Rescue and Education inc.) is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer wildlife rescue and rehabilitation group which operates in Frankston (Victoria, Australia) and surrounding suburbs.
We are devoted to assisting sick, injured or orphaned wildlife that may otherwise be left to suffer or die by providing a 24 hour emergency rescue hotline service manned by volunteers knowledgeable in wildlife rescue and rehabilitation techniques.
AWARE was officially incorporated on 31 March 2005 and is listed as a Deductible Gift Recipient organisation (meaning monetary donations are tax deductible).
We have been actively addressing wildlife concerns with government bodies and other wildlife groups and working to increase the number of rescuers and carers in the state. Additionally, we are working towards expanding the knowledge and expertise of our carers/rescuers, members and the general public through the introduction of regular workshops and events, presented by specialists in the field of wildlife care, and through phone advice given by our dedicated team of hotline operators.
Our Committee 2016/2017
|Vice President||Gillian Donath|
AWARE Online Shop
- Scientists renew call to curb use of microplastics 27/03/2017
- Study finds possible link between pesticide exposure and farmer health 23/03/2017
- Cruise ship rams reef in Indonesian waters, causing irreparable damage 16/03/2017
- Doctors back unconventional treatment for multiple sclerosis 15/03/2017
- Graeme Stevenson talks about the brown headed worm 15/03/2017